How Does It Work?
Our book bingo card contains 25 squares with prompts relating to things we see in Middle Grade books. Try and cover 5 squares in a line—up, down, or diagonally—or attempt to fill in the whole sheet if you’re a speedy reader.
Download the graphic, share your reading progress using our hashtag (#MGCarousel) on social media, and have fun! A transcript of the Bingo table is available as well.
- Because this is a Middle Grade Carousel challenge, all books added to your Bingo board should be MG reads. Find out more about Middle Grade books here.
- Each square needs to be filled with a unique book. You cannot use the same title more than once, even if it fits multiple themes. Choose wisely!
- Please fill in this Bingo card with books read between March 1 and April 30 of this year.
Book Bingo Transcript
Squares are arranged in 5×5 formation, making 25 in total. A letter and number indicate their placement within the grid in our transcript.
Squares on the same horizontal line are referred to as “rows” and are in alphabetical order from A to E, placed top to bottom.
Squares on the same vertical line are numbered from 1 to 5, placed right to left.
Combine the letter and number to find the placement of the square on your Bingo card (example: Square A1 is the leftmost square in the top row.)
- Row A
- a key on the cover
- title begins with the letter ‘G’
- top hat on the cover
- a book about an only child
- Row B
- ‘secret’ in the title
- brown cover
- house on the cover
- title begins with the letter ‘M’
- six-letter word in the title
- Row C
- a swing on the cover
- a crown on the cover
- (center of the board) pick your own prompt
- ‘yes’ or ‘no’ in the title
- title begins with the letter ‘E’
- Row D
- ‘green’ in the title
- character’s name in the title
- wheelchair on the cover
- outstretched arms on the cover
- Row E
- botanical words in the title
- gates on the cover
- a book about bullying
- silhouette on the cover
- realistic fiction
- Share photos with @MGCarousel on Instagram
- Find fun and games from @KindeLadies on Twitter
- Join our Goodreads group to find more MG reads
- Subscribe to our Middle Grade Carousel blog via email:
2 thoughts on “#MGCarousel Book Bingo – March & April 2022”