Our #MGCarousel reading challenge this month is all about HISTORICAL FICTION. CJ and Elza are back with some recommendations that take place during times of war and revolution.
- A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus
- Cloud and Wallfish by Anne Nesbet
- The Emergency Zoo by Miriam Halahmy
- Loyalty by Avi
- Finding Junie Kim by Ellen Oh
- All He Knew by Helen Frost
- War Stories by Gordon Korman
- Paper Wishes by Lois Sepahban
- The Skylarks’ War by Hilary McKay
- Susanna’s Midnight Ride by Libby Carty McNamee
- The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick
- The Bicycle Spy by Yona Zeldis McDonough
Add to the List!
Recommend your favorite Middle Grade books that are set during a period of war in the comments, or add them to our list of historical fiction on Goodreads!