Our #MGCarousel reading challenge this month is all about HISTORICAL FICTION. CJ and Elza are ready to read up on the 196os through the ’90s for stories about protests, progress, pop culture, and advocating peace.
- Isla to Island by Alexis Castellanos
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
- The Prince of Steel Pier by Stacy Nockowitz
- Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
- The Blackbird Girls by Anne Blankman
- Planet Earth is Blue by Nicole Panteleakos
- Red, White, and Whole by Rajani LaRocca
- All the Greys on Greene Street by Laura Tucker
- Smile by Raina Telgemeier
- The Magical Imperfect by Chris Baron
Add to the List!
Recommend your favorite Middle Grade books that take place during the 1960s-’90s the comments, or add them to our list of historical fiction on Goodreads!