How Does It Work?
Our book bingo card contains 25 squares with prompts relating to things we see in Middle Grade books. Try and cover 5 squares in a line—up, down, or diagonally—or attempt to fill in the whole sheet if you’re a speedy reader.
Download the graphic, share your reading progress using our hashtag (#MGCarousel) on social media, and have fun! A transcript of the Bingo table is available as well.
- Because this is a Middle Grade Carousel challenge, all books added to your Bingo board should be MG reads. Find out more about Middle Grade books here.
- Each square needs to be filled with a unique book. You cannot use the same title more than once, even if it fits multiple themes. Choose wisely!
- Please fill in this Bingo card with books read between September 1 and October 31 of this year.
Book Bingo Transcript
Squares are arranged in 5×5 formation, making 25 in total. A letter and number indicate their placement within the grid in our transcript.
Squares on the same horizontal line are referred to as “rows” and are in alphabetical order from A to E, placed top to bottom.
Squares on the same vertical line are numbered from 1 to 5, placed right to left.
Combine the letter and number to find the placement of the square on your Bingo card (example: Square A1 is the leftmost square in the top row.)
- Row A
- the ocean on the cover
- ‘take’ or ‘find’ in the title
- stripes on the cover
- two words in the title
- set in Australia
- Row B
- title begins with the letter ‘N’
- star shape on the cover
- a book about traveling
- a parent word in the title
- fish on the cover
- Row C
- blue cover
- (center of the board) pick your own prompt
- ‘see’ or ‘sea’ in the title
- book about making a new friend
- Row D
- a book that is illustrated
- title begins with the letter ‘O’
- disability or mental health
- a word that ends in ‘ing’
- title begins with the letter ‘M’
- Row E
- ‘help’ in the title
- a turtle on the cover
- ‘escape’ in the title
- a tail on the cover
- ‘touch’ in the title
- Share photos with @MGCarousel on Instagram
- Find fun and games from @KindeLadies on Twitter
- Join our Goodreads group to find more MG reads
- Subscribe to our Middle Grade Carousel blog via email:
2 thoughts on “#MGCarousel Book Bingo – September & October 2022”