Our month-long themed challenges are designed for readers of Middle Grade fiction. Play along by finding books which match the prompt.
Our challenge this September is…
From packrats to field mice, mighty heroes, famous figures, and rodents of unusual size, we’re thrilled from tip to tail about this month’s mousy theme!
- Join us in reading Middle Grade books featuring rodents during the month of September! We recommend looking for books featuring anthropomorphic creatures, characters who keep rodent companions, books plagued with pests, or friendly mice featured on front covers!
- Share your favorite reads this month on social media, and be sure to use the hashtag #MGCarousel!
- Snap a photo for Instagram and you may see your snapshot featured in our stories.
- Check our #MGCarousel Challenges page for more info.
Follow us on Twitter @KindeLadies for daily prompts related to this month’s challenge.
- animal main characters
- collective noun in the title
- ‘tail’ in the title
- fictional mice
- a house on the cover
- ‘rat’ in the title
- book about experiments
- a wheel on the cover
- unusually-sized item on the cover
- ‘trap’ in the title
- favorite blind characters
- motorcycle on the cover
- ‘race’ in the title
- sound effect word in the title
- a rodent on the cover
- ‘mouse’ in the title
- book about cooking
- ‘little’ in the title
- an honorific in the title
- a door on the cover
- unusual pets
- ‘play’ in the title
- a book about fear or anxiety
- a name in the title
- red eyes on the cover
- ‘catch’ in the title
- book about betrayal
- rhyming titles
- footprints on the cover
- favorite September reads
Spread the word about Middle Grade Carousel to your friends and followers. Please link back to our blog or tag us on social media when using the graphics.
(click to download the individual graphics)
- Share photos with @MGCarousel on Instagram
- Find fun and games from @KindeLadies on Twitter
- Join our Goodreads group to find more MG reads
- Subscribe to our Middle Grade Carousel blog via email: